



This project, which in the beginning was very difficult, was an amazing experience. I took pieces of myself and stuck it into each picture. I began with my core the inside of me, and took my own vision of myself, the thoughts of invincibility, the pride, the sometimes hidden smiles, and made them sweet. They were made sweet like chocolate and falling gummy bears with kisses as well as cake mountains and a mars bars stairs. This picture was me. My future, which is altogether a gigantic question mark, it can be black or shiny. Who knows? No one ever does, especially me. So in this picture I wanted to show my uncertainty, while also showing the potential of it all. The army is my future... the army is possibly my future. It is at the center of my plans and therefore it is at the center of this picture. Any time I look back at my past I can not help but see me as an eight year old or a four year old. Times that I can only partly remember interest me. Most of my memories are not memories at all, but are half spoken words, words that most children forget. Although I only included the most common words, I think you get the idea. Looking inside of me was easy, but seeing the outside of me was hard. People had so many different ideas of me that in a way were similar, but were completely different. "She is quiet." "She seems kinda mean." " She is so sweet." People saw me in different shades of light. Putting them all together seemed impossible. So I instead made the picture about how I thought they saw me, and for the most part I did not think they truly saw me at all. So I blurred the images of me. Putting each square together was not difficult, and to be honest I did not put a lot of thought into it. Each square was unique. They did not "fit" together as one, but they were one. Every square represented a piece of me, and together they represented me.

No comments:
Post a Comment